Friday, February 15, 2008

Eventful Friday

I really won't go into all the details but let's just say that daughter Heather who was leaving for a long weekend trip to visit an Army friend in St. Louis fell asleep last night and didn't get her suitcase packed, clothes washed or her shower. Needless to say this morning was full of alot of tears and me resorting to packing/washing what she needed and then she had to come home for it instead of leaving right from work for the airport. But I am glad to say that she got there on semi on time and made her flight. She forgot a few things but nothing major and I hope that she has a nice weekend.

Well I have had a nice two days without having to cook dinner. Dan took me out to dinner for Valentine's Day and I had (2) White Chocolate Espresso Martini's. That was one too many! LOL Then tonight we went out for a person who was leaving his work that I knew also from a while back. So it has been a nice two days of eating out that we haven't done in awhile.

I hope to finally do some scrapbooking this weekend as I really haven't been in the mood. Hopefully the "Love Crop" at www.scrap-a-latte.net will give me some inspiration to get something done.

6 comments:

Dawn W said...

No cooking is a GREAT thing! Hope your daughter has a great weekend, too bad about the rough start, I am sure she will have a great time anyway.

Jeanne said...

LOL What mom's have to do! Dinner out is alway's a good thing and your martini's sound yummy, no wonder you had two.

Rita said...

Your martini's sound yummy! And dinner out for two nights -- can't beat that! :) Hope your daughter enjoyed her weekend -- she's lucky she has you to come to her rescue!

AliciaSharp said...

Love the LO's you got done at the crop. Hope you have a good week and it goes fast for you!

Jayne said...

....White Chocolate Espresso Martini's....mmmmmmmmm those sound yummy!!!
Awww, I bet your daughter was so grateful she has you as a mom!

ps...I left you a little challenge on my blog. (again) LOL

Colors of Me said...

White Chocolate Espresso Martini's - oh my those sound fantabulous! i sure hope your dd knows what an awesome mom she has!! hope she had a great weekend!