Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Well May 5th may be Cinco de Mayo but it is also daughter's settlement day. I can't believe it is finally here. I am on my way to getting my scrapbook room back but better yet my daughter is on her way to becoming a homeowner and an independent woman. She has saved for this and I feel that we have taught her something about saving and being careful what you spend your money on. Oh but of course she does have a weakness for shopping but she always comes home and says how much she saved on her purchases or what coupons she used to get it.
I am looking forward to helping her clean her new townhouse and with purchasing/decorating it to see what she does with all the furniture we have saved for her. It may all be hand me downs now but she says she doesn't care. She says when she has money for something new she will get it bit by bit.
Next is Andrew's graduation in June and all my children will be done high school. I may not have cried with the other two but I know that I will with Andrew as this has been a long and hard road to graduation. Filled with many nights of checking homeworks, punishments for not doing homeworks, retaking tests and staying after school to redo work. I really hope that he appreciates all that we have done to get him there as if we hadn't assisted, he wouldn't be graduating.
Have a great evening.

7 comments:

~*Michele*~ said...

Tell Heather congratulations!! Enjoy your many shopping trips :) I don't know how close you are to a Linens & Things but they are going out of business. Hopefully Heather can find some great deals there!

Sarah E. said...

That is awesome Kathy! I am so happy for Heather and so excited for Andrew!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations to your daughter on her independence day. How wonderful for her. And how lucky she is to have a mom willing to help her where she needs.

Shannon said...

Congrats Heather (and mom! LOL)

Jen said...

Congratulations to your daughter. A new house is so exciting, and I bet you can't wait to help with it, either!

Dawn W said...

YAY all the way around!!

AliciaSharp said...

Congrats to Heather!! Enjoy getting your room back and scrap away chick!!