Thursday, November 13, 2008

The News You Never Wish To Write

Well this is the post I never really wanted to write but on Tues my stepdad (but a real dad to me and my sister) lost his battle with the lung/brain cancer that he struggled with since July. We were so very blessed to have Hospice take him into their beautiful center in Milford DE on Sun evening because I don't think my Mother (or any of us) could have handled it if he had passed away at home. We tried to our best to care for him but we are comforted that he suffers no more.
I fear I will be absent for a bit longer but I will return soon. Please bear with me as we get through this week and the upcoming holidays and maybe the New Year will give us new life.
Thank you for all the gals that have cared/prayed for me and my family. We do sincerely appreciate it.
May God keep you all in his thoughts.

6 comments:

Carla said...

Kathy I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer is a terrible disease that is at times swift and cruel. I know your dad is a peace and will be watching out for you and your family from above. Hugs to you and your Mom

Elizabeth said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I just recently lost my mom as well to the very same cancer. Some days are better than other days, but I pray as I reach out to you today that you find the peace that I am trying to find. That your tears be one's of joyfulness and gladness, and that you find the peace and solace.

Alicia Sharp said...

Kathy I am so sorry!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. PLease let em know if you need me for anything!! Hugs to you.

Shannon said...

Kathy - my prayers go out to you and your family!!

Nancy said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. It is always so hard to loose a loved one. The holidays will be very hard this year ever since the death of my niece Holly. Remember we are here for you.

Thena said...

Kathy,
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone we love so much, even when we know we will see them again some day.
Hugs,
Thena Smith